Hewlett-Packard
3.0 of 5 7,547 reviews
www.hp.com Palo Alto, CA 5000+ Employees

Ok, has become too big

Solutions Architect (Former Employee)
Charlotte, NC (US)

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat talent, great people to work with. Depending on the team and the technology, it can be a fun place to work.

ConsToo much middle management, to big of a company, unable to react to the market, underpaid. Unable to decide what it wants to focus on. Annual reviews needs improvement and little to no guidance on how to position oneself for success. Little to no work life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, practice what you preach. Provide a real career path to your employees without it being in Management. There is too much of a buddy system, if you not part of it the path of success is limited. Evaluated purely based on numbers and not work ethic.

Cool & relaxed work culture

Consultant (Former Employee)
Bangalore (India)

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than a year

Pros: 1) Flexible work environment, options to work from home whenever required 2)… Cons: 1) Micromanagement 2) Direct managers have no control to take decisions. 3)… Advice to Senior Management: Give some authorities to managers to take decisions, instead waiting… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good Working as Java Developer

Technical Consultant (Former Employee)
Bangalore (India)

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than a year

Pros: Understands the true ability of the employee Cons: Prepare to stretch nights and prepare to work on weekends More

There are newer reviews on Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!

Hewlett-Packard – Why Work for Us?

The start-up that started it all. Six decades before high tech and dot coms existed, classmates Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard built an audio oscillator in a garage and launched a technology revolution. Today we’re… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hewlett-Packard reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hewlett-Packard CEO Meg Whitman. All reviews posted anonymously by Hewlett-Packard employees.