Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com

Good place to start, but don't stay

IT Analyst (Current Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsMy first job out of school, so I have to thank them for that. My peers are great, but recently at least half my group left, because we're all being held back, severely over-worked and underpaid. Lower management (my direct supervisor and their boss) are great and attentive to me and my peers, but upper management who sits in the office with us all share a very discouraging elitist attitude.

Cons(Upper) management elitism. We use YEARS old technology to do our jobs, which makes us highly unproductive. They give us the cheapest, slowest equipment the company sells to work off of. With so many CEO turnovers, no one has a CLUE what direction this once great company is going. Pay is below market for my area at least. Promotion are VERY few and far between. My team is highly discouraged because as good as all of us are after several YEARS of dedication, the company demoralizes us by keeping us at New Hire status (and pay).

Advice to Senior ManagementTake time to show appreciation to your team. And not buying t-shirts or walking around pretending to care about us. We are the world's largest technology firm, yet we use the most outdated, antiquated equipment and technologies. Listen to us when we have suggestions for newer/faster technologies.

How to get in HP?

Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Hewlett-Packard as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Its a wonderful company to work for. Cons: Not applicable, dont have any. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Excellent people to work with

Enterprise Computer Engineer (Current Employee) Downers Grove, IL (US)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good benefits and excellent products Cons: Past issues with upper management caused long term damage to… Advice to Senior Management: You have the best products. Invest in customer support such… – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!