Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com

Great people and opportunities but serious issues at the top

Project Manager (Current Employee) Vancouver, WA (US)

ProsLarge company with lots of opportunities for exploring different businesses and functions. Great people. Collaborative. Flexibility to manage my schedule - to work where and when works best for me.

ConsToo many years of sacrificing the future for the current quarter. Rewards have become too concentrated at the top of the company. Really bad decision making at the executive and board level for way too many years. Workload is ridiculous at times. Little to no time or dollars for training.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to grow through acquisitions (especially gigantic, stupid acquisitions!). Focus internally on innovation and invention. Create a more balanced bonus system (profit sharing rather than the ridiculous 'pay for performance') to give all levels of the company incentives, rather than just executives.

Help Desk analyst

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros: Good experience on a large intranet with a wide array… Cons: Low salary was not worth the shift hours worked. More

Manager

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard for more than 3 years

Pros: Good place to learn your career before moving on. Cons: Never get a review for a job. Always get a… Advice to Senior Management: Be honest No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!