Hewlett-Packard

www.hp.com

HP is overall a great company

Current Employee - Technical Consultant IV  in  Richmond, VA (US)
Current Employee - Technical Consultant IV in Richmond, VA (US)

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

HP is family focused and cares about employees they are working out the kinks of keeping good employees and dropping dead weight. I think over all HP is going to preform more to the standard of the client and focusing on things that drive the market.

Cons

HP is poor in giving salary and bonuses, they seem to care more about holding the money they have vs. putting it into the employees. They don't seem to understand that with out us they have no business.

Care more about keeping up with competitors salary ranges.then about making a buck, keep the people you have happy and not worry so much about how large your margin is. Also we are a HW company not a software company.

Other Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Good opportunities, great flexibility and work environment, good employee engagements. Coomon concern could be pay.

Current Employee - Software Firmware Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Firmware Engineer

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

resourcefulness, flexibility, employee engagement and benefits, growth opportunities across departments with in.

Cons

stable pay could be a common employee's concern

consider higher revised pay to avoid those who leave just bec of pay package concern.

Mostly positive - Great People

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

People - very smart, engaged, competent people

Cons

Shifting stragety, unstable senior managment, complex systems to perform simple tasks, reduntancy, and lack of connection to the customers.

Use the opportunity of a new CEO to do some housecleaning at the top - look hard at the board and ensure that people are there for the right reasons. Ralley the troops around a clear, consistent message of who we are and why - VISION and leadership is needed.

There are newer employer reviews for Hewlett-Packard.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!