There are newer employer reviews for Hertz

Overworked under appreciated

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Jacksonville, FL (US)
Current Employee - Branch Manager in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is a great sense of camaraderie and if you are at the right store you can bonus upward of 15K quarterly.

Cons

Perpetually understaffed so Branch Managers will often work 60 hours per week which can be frustrating when your store is not bonusing or you are cutting staffs hours to meet OT goals. HIGH emphasis on sales with sometimes unrealistic goals-- can lead to some shady practices

Cutting corners to save money short term will cause some of the best managers to leave

1727 Other Employee Reviews for Hertz (View Most Recent)

Can be good short-term but long-term not worth it

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

HLE (Hertz local editions) locations have nights and usually weekends off
    Good experience running a business
    Potential for fast promotion (based on sales numbers)
    Face-paced environment, never boring to say the least

Cons

Long hours with no set-aside time for breaks and lunches (take em when you can get em)
    Phones ring off-the-hook, dealing with everything from reservations to billing issues
    As a branch manager, you are held accountable for sales from staff that doesn't work for you. i.e. Body shops staff rent cars but don't sell, dragging your numbers down but there is nothing you can really do about it. I have been told straight-up "It's not my job to sell your insurance".

Stop promoting based solely on sales numbers. while most branch managers are good there are some that are terrible. Also, if the entire area is selling at a certain level and one person is selling twice as high, they are probably gaming the system to get those numbers (very easy to do I've seen it many times). However, this is often overlooked just because high sales numbers look good on reports and that's all that senior management looks at.

2 stars out of 5 , I stayed around due the econmy and need of a steady pay check.

Current Employee - Manager Then Area Manager in Washington, DC (US)
    Current Employee - Manager Then Area Manager in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company car. With Hertz being world wide you can easily get one on your vacation too as a manager.

Cons

Management is so out of of touch. No 'real' thank you, employee appreciation or holiday parties. I worked for Enterprise Rent A Car and they did a much better job taking care of their employees and boosting employee morale, despite the intense presure of sales.

Get approval from corporate to finally upgrade the office locations. The interior office spaces are often located in a cubicle small space either in a dealership or hotel. The free standing locations are the worst real estate locations one can imagine. The office enviornment for any employee is key to morale and overall employee performance. Old carpets, furniture, yellow walls is disatrous for employees and customers. I worked for Hertz for 7 years and heard this every week from someone.

There are newer employer reviews for Hertz