There are newer employer reviews for Harley-Davidson

The economy is bad, I'm not sure what can be done. The direction appears to be good from an enterprise standpoint.

Current Employee - Systems Analyst
Current Employee - Systems Analyst

I have been working at Harley-Davidson

Pros

Benefits package is outstanding. Great company image. There is a lot of work that needs to be done here.

Cons

Much micromanagement to the point where it takes a long time to get projects started and completed. There seem to be too many steps along with sign-offs/approvals that need to happen on each project.

Advice to Management

There has to be better ways to streamline our technical assets and use them more efficiently to help the company. We should re-evaluate the methodology used in IT for project management and look for efficiency gains.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Nobody's perfect

Current Employee - Technical Designer in Milwaukee, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Technical Designer in Milwaukee, WI (US)

I have been working at Harley-Davidson

Pros

Flexible, casual and laid back. Limited pressure. People have fun. Reputation, people seem to love the brand. Commitment to the customer, we all have to work rallies. Great benefits, health insurance is paid for (just have to take a health screening).

Cons

Behind on technology, slow processes. Limited growth opportunities. Still a "good old boy's club". Tight budgets.

Advice to Management

Communicating something is better than assuming people already know what's going on. Middle management needs to communicate more w/employees and share information.

Nice environment with good pay & benefits but you earn every bit.

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Milwaukee, WI (US)
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Milwaukee, WI (US)

I worked at Harley-Davidson

Pros

Harley is a good place to work. There are a lot of nice people, the pay is competitive & the benefits are better than most. Being an employee of Harley-Davidson is well thought of by Milwaukee residents. Working at a large company like Harley-Davidson makes you feel somewhat secure.

Cons

Expectations to get the job done, "no matter what", are high. If your project falls behind, you are expected to work long hours to catch up. Also, when the economy goes south, as it has right now, you do have to worry about losing your job. Probably no worse than any other place, though.

Advice to Management

Listen to your workers.