H&M
www.hm.com Stockholm, Sweden 1000 to 5000 Employees

A place to belong and feel supported

Department Manager (Current Employee)
Baltimore, MD (US)

I have been working at H&M full-time for more than 5 years

ProsYou can dress your style and personality. You are responsible for your own development. The sky is the limit. There are no restrictions on how long you have to be in a position to get promoted.
Travel around the US and beyond for development training, expansion team opportunities and a feeling that H&M really is one big family.

ConsThere is no set schedule. Your work hours can change anytime.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop keeping everything a secret when it comes to where people and moving and why. It creates rumors between the stores. It is very upsetting to those of us who are put somewhere until question mark. How unsettling in life to not even be sure where you will work in a month. It is rude and aggravating.

Favoritism at its finest

Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at H&M full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: it's a cool place to work Cons: extreme work conditions would proper compensation or recognition. Advice to Senior Management: learn to appreciate the people that work hard. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

not a bad place to work

Sales Advisor (Former Employee)

I worked at H&M part-time for more than a year

Pros: fun retail job, and discount! Cons: not very good management in certain locations More

There are newer reviews on H&M.

Worked for H&M? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at H&M reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for H&M CEO Karl-Johan Persson. All reviews posted anonymously by H&M employees.