High energy, challenging, but well compensated with plenty of opportunity for growth

Current Employee - Grocery Manager  in  Houston, TX (US)
Current Employee - Grocery Manager in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at H E B full-time for less than a year

Pros

Career Advancement without the need of a degree
Benefits are top-notch
Competitive Pay
Company is growing rapidly

Cons

One bad store leader can ruin ones work experience. You can work at one store and have a completely terrible work experience because of its leadership.

Many tenured top store leaders need to be retrained on newly adopted performance management techniques. Not just a conference on leadership techniques, but a complete bottom-up training.

Other Reviews for H E B

Cashier

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Cashier in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at H E B part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great for students and very flexible and great career advancement oppurtunities.

Cons

Customers can be rude at times, but are generally ok.

Identify and recruit those interested in long-term careers with HEB.

Completely unprofessional, lack of understanding of onboarding a new ee, and completely unprofessional behavior.

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager  in  San Antonio, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in San Antonio, TX (US)

I worked at H E B as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Most of the people that work there very nice hard-working individuals. The overall work environment was very positive.

Cons

It took IT over three weeks to get me the system access that I needed to do my job. The director of my department frequently engaged in screaming matches with his employees. I would be given direction to do something a certain way, But it would turn out that the directors vision was not what he explained to me to do. The only direction I was given was that I needed to learn the process so that we could follow the project management process. When trying to do so, I was met with Significant resistance from those involved.

Get a better on boarding process so that your contractor/partners don't have to wait three weeks before they can start working. They are out how to get someone NID without having to wait almost 3 weeks to obtain one. And, above all, screaming at employees is 100% unprofessional and should not be tolerated in any form or fashion. I was appalled that this is behavior that I was told frequently occurred.

There are newer employer reviews for H E B.

Worked for H E B? Contribute to the Community!