There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire

I have grown more at Guidewire than I have at any other job.

Current Employee - Services Manager in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Services Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Guidewire

Pros

The best part of working at Guidewire is that its corporate values are embraced at all levels, even all the way to the highest levels of executive management. Also, Guidewire is a very egalitarian company. The company truly values all contributors.

Cons

The only minor issue is that Guidewire's benefits are about average. The company could try to improve vacation packages, employee's insurance cost, etc.

307 Other Employee Reviews for Guidewire (View Most Recent)

Great summer experience

Former Employee - Computer Engineering Intern in San Mateo, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Computer Engineering Intern in San Mateo, CA (US)

I worked at Guidewire

Pros

Guidewire was a very cordial place to work. They seem to genuinely care about input from the employees. Still has a bit of a start-up feel.

Cons

Since it was the first year of the intern ship program, it was not the most organized. By the end, the project was done and I didn't have much to do.

Start internship process earlier in the school year and try to have people with similar start dates work on the same project

One of the best development organizations in the valley, but I can no longer recommend it for non-devs.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA (US)

I have been working at Guidewire

Pros

I'm a long term software engineer at Guidewire, and have never worked at any place with nearly this many brilliant people, and even more importantly, with this few jerks and egotists. Great culture, incredible test environment, HUGE flexibility with workstyle and time off, REALISTIC deadlines -- no deathmarches at release time.

Also, in terms of the company, they take the customer focus and "integrity" of the company values very seriously. They rarely overpromise, and they will do what it takes to make things right when something goes wrong.

Cons

Development: The ONLY negative thing I can say about the development organization itself after years here is that insurance is an inherently dull subject, although technical management has done a good job of trying to keep the focus on quality and process and being interesting -- there's a good division of work so that you can focus on what parts work for you, and you don't get say, sucked into financials or the minutia of insurance if you're not so inclined.

Company as a whole:
    * benefits are so-so by Silicon valley standards. Not bad, but nothing special, and they have improved over the years.
    * compensation increases for longer-tenure employees are terrible both inside and outside dev. New dev employee compensation is at the low end of market, so this doesn't effect new hires until they've been here for a while.
    * outside of development, there has been a lot of growth, and things feel a very great deal more political and "corporate" than when I started. I wouldn't say "don't come work here" to someone outside of dev, but whereas this is still a genuinely special place in dev, outside of dev, it's just a pretty good company among many.

There are newer employer reviews for Guidewire