There are newer employer reviews for Google

A great summer software engineering internship at Google

Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Mountain View, CA (US)
Former Employee - Software Engineering Intern in Mountain View, CA (US)

I worked at Google as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The atmosphere in Google's offices can best be described as "college-like." It's about as far from the Dilbert-esque corporate boredom as you could possibly get. The food was great, and while I stayed in the office for long hours every day, my work schedule didn't feel oppressive to me, simply because it was such a nice work environment. The meals, microkitchens, and enjoyment of just taking a break and walking around the building and finding random pool tables, porch swings, and napping pods made staying in the office an enjoyable experience--not to mention the challenging and interesting project that I was working on.

Cons

My biggest complaint with Google is linked to the college-like atmosphere--there is not enough space in the Mountain View office in which I worked. Our room had 16 people in it when there should have been no more than nine. To someone like me who is easily distracted by extraneous noise and conversation, I found it challenging to filter out the distractions of overhearing so many other conversations. I found it necessary to wear ear buds with good noise insulation, and to pipe white noise through my earphones, in order to concentrate well enough to be productive.

2620 Other Employee Reviews for Google (View Most Recent)

Best internship!

Current Employee - Platforms Project Manager Intern in Mountain View, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Platforms Project Manager Intern in Mountain View, CA (US)

I have been working at Google as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Google treats interns even better than full time employees. All of the employees all the way up to VP personally spend time with you and take your opinion.

Cons

The hiring process at Google is really slow and not very transparant.

Local Partnerships Specialist

Former Employee - Local Partnership Specialist in Kansas City, MO (US)
    Former Employee - Local Partnership Specialist in Kansas City, MO (US)

I worked at Google as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay, great people, very fun atmosphere

Cons

Contracted, not much hope getting white badge unless you are an ivy league grad

Most Googlers live in a bubble and have no real grasp on what is going on outside their group. Everything is so last minute here it is amazing to see how little planning is actually done here.

There are newer employer reviews for Google