Google
4.2 of 5 2,099 reviews
www.google.com Mountain View, CA 5000+ Employees

2099 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

A great summer software engineering internship at Google

Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee)
Mountain View, CA (US)

I worked at Google as an intern for less than a year

ProsThe atmosphere in Google's offices can best be described as "college-like." It's about as far from the Dilbert-esque corporate boredom as you could possibly get. The food was great, and while I stayed in the office for long hours every day, my work schedule didn't feel oppressive to me, simply because it was such a nice work environment. The meals, microkitchens, and enjoyment of just taking a break and walking around the building and finding random pool tables, porch swings, and napping pods made staying in the office an enjoyable experience--not to mention the challenging and interesting project that I was working on.

ConsMy biggest complaint with Google is linked to the college-like atmosphere--there is not enough space in the Mountain View office in which I worked. Our room had 16 people in it when there should have been no more than nine. To someone like me who is easily distracted by extraneous noise and conversation, I found it challenging to filter out the distractions of overhearing so many other conversations. I found it necessary to wear ear buds with good noise insulation, and to pipe white noise through my earphones, in order to concentrate well enough to be productive.

Great environment, innovative products

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Milan (Italy)

I worked at Google full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: You get to work with cool innovative products, in a great environment (especially in terms of positive, friendly and… Cons: There are not many opportunities for technical roles in this office, but this depends on… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Amazing perks, vibrant community, but limited career progression for non-engineers

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
Mountain View, CA (US)

I have been working at Google full-time for more than a year

Pros: The perks are unparalleled. 3 meals a day and unlimited snacks, gym and comprehensive fitness… Cons: Limited career progression for non-engineers. It's a great place to be if you're a middle aged and settled down… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Google CEO Larry Page . All reviews posted anonymously by Google employees.