Google

www.google.com

It's OK as a contractor.

Business Specialist (Former Employee) Portland, OR (US)

ProsSmart people, enthusiasm, lots of free Google stuff (bags, jackets, shirts, etc.). Cool technology - new phones, tablets and computers to use and test on the job. It's exciting to work on things that you know people use and love.

ConsYou kind of have to drink the kool-aid. So enthusiasm over new acquisitions can be over the top. You've got use and LOVE (or pretend to) new projects like Wave, Google+, Google Local, etc. As a contractor, you're definitely on the bottom of the heap.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent about the length and scope of our projects. My position was supposed to be 3 months, but lasted about 8 (not complaining about that necessarily) but slowly morphed into sales. When it ended, it was sudden. No warning - just 10 people called into a meeting (our whole team) and told this was the last day so turn in our equipment.

If it's too good to be true...

Ops (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA (US)

I have been working at Google as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Free food and looks good on the resume Cons: There are some very snobbish, insulting, and vulgar people here. Imagine a country club and a technology company… Advice to Senior Management: Wake up! Picking clean Ivy Leaguers and tossing them in a role is not always a plan for success.… More

great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Google as an intern for less than a year

Pros: great culture; hard problems; bright people; fast paced; good food; Cons: all of the pros if you are looking for a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!