Google
4.2 of 5 2,092 reviews
www.google.com Mountain View, CA 5000+ Employees

2092 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

The best company I've ever worked for!

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at Google full-time for more than a year

ProsChallenging work environment, you get to learn a lot, especially in the beginning, huge scale of the projects, incredibly smart people, cool office space, perks (stock option and bonuses) and (healthy and yummy!) food. Variety of domains and products, you can always find something for yourself if you decide to change the project.

ConsDifficult to get a promotion (you may get frustrated after a while), often have to work late, working from home is rarely an option, not so many career opportunities outside Mountain View, the most interesting projects are focused there.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward long term and experienced employees.

Still an amazing place to work

I have been working at Google full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: - Opportunity to work with extremely intelligent people - Employee-centric, loose culture - Very good compensation & benefits - Company leadership… Cons: - Like any large company, there's some degree of bureaucracy - It can be… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Exhilarating

Google Student Ambassador (Current Employee)
Zaria, Kaduna (Nigeria)

I have been working at Google as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Best working Conditions, Food at work, Games Cons: Too many rules and guidelines Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing the good work Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Google.

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Google reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Google CEO Larry Page . All reviews posted anonymously by Google employees.