There are newer employer reviews for Goodwin Procter

Growing Boston firm with much potential

Current Employee - Case Assistant in Boston, MA (US)
Current Employee - Case Assistant in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Goodwin Procter

Pros

Fantastic people/culture with a good balance between work and personal time. There is also a vibrant social life in the office which is greatly facilitated by the lack of snooty and otherwise holier-than-thou attorneys which can be fairly commonplace in large corporate firms. The Real Estate practice is very highly regarded and the firm is expanding at an extraordinary pace.

Cons

It's Boston so the compensation levels are not the same as New York and the extent to which you're likely to pick up huge multinational clients with complex legal needs, while possible, is substantially decreased. This is offset, however, by smaller startups from the BioTech and Life Science mecca of Cambridge if you are interested in that area of law.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. The expansion and branding initiatives have been a big boost to employees.

reviews filtered by
  1. Associate

I worked at Goodwin Procter

Pros

I thought the people were great

Cons

The stress is typical for a large law firm.

2. Great law firm

Former Employee - Associate Attorney in Boston, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Associate Attorney in Boston, MA (US)

I worked at Goodwin Procter

Pros

Laid back atmosphere. Smart, enjoyable people to work with. As good as "Big Law" gets. As a new corporate law attorney, I had a lot of opportunities to explore different areas and learn what I liked and didn't like. It gave me a broader understanding of law and business.

Cons

Nothing different from any Big Law firm. Long hours, work weekends and holidays as needed (which is often). Big Law is like a constant sprint on a marathon course. Wasn't for me in the long run, but Goodwin was a great firm to be at while I dabbled in Big Law.

Advice to Management

It's been a few years since I was at Goodwin, but I remember wishing I had more opportunities to learn the business of the business. We're good at working for clients, but the firm didn't do much to teach us how to manage a law firm book of business.

There are newer employer reviews for Goodwin Procter