Gilt Groupe

www.gilt.com

My experience at Gilt was sub-par, hectic and I was really there just for a paycheck .

Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGreat vibe to the company along with it being in a cool new, growing industry. There are lots of opportunities to here about different departments and management keeps employees abreast of the company with its weekly "all hands" meeting.

ConsLong hours. Room for growth seems difficult. Poor work-life balance , and some bad decision making. I feel that Gilt is to caught up in expanding and growing without first properly establishing its foundation. There's nothing wrong with expansion, however the balance of doing that and solidifying the core is not there.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would suggest that Gilt stop trying to expand and focus more on 2 or 3 of it's top business models (Gilt Groupe, Gilt City and Jetsetter). There are still several improvements that need to be made to the core of these units and the continuous expansion will hurt Gilt overall. They are striving really hard to go public and I don't see that ever happening.

fast paced environment of ambitious, high strung, young professionals

I have been working at Gilt Groupe

Pros: Gilt is the leader in it's industry with great potential… Cons: Since it's a young company, it lacks structure and organization.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Not for the faint of heart.

I have been working at Gilt Groupe

Pros: - Employee Discount - No set vacation allotment. If you have no big projects or deadlines(which will never happen), you can take a few days/week whenever… Cons: - 1 direction - Make more money. - 0 focus. Multitasking is an understatement. Grow two more arms before sending in your resume. - Upper management plays… Advice to Senior Management: Get a grip. There really is more to life than cheap pumps. Realize that you're hemorrhaging staff because of your complete and utter disregard for… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Gilt Groupe.

Worked for Gilt Groupe? Contribute to the Community!