There are newer employer reviews for Georgia-Pacific Corporation

GP corp is super high one the safety aspects of plsnt operation!

Former Employee - Line Take Off Forklift Op/Shipping Loader in Surrey, BC
Former Employee - Line Take Off Forklift Op/Shipping Loader in Surrey, BC

I worked at Georgia-Pacific Corporation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I previously state Geogia Pacific take their safety to the highest level. As well as in a greviance situation there is always a fair compromise usually worked out.

Cons

Biggest concern I have for the local Plant - Edmonton Alberta, they had no problem letting the facility go on s six month strike, while management was force to run the board line/crossing the picket line.

Be more consistent with knowing the ground floor workers. Remember, U hired human being with different stories to life and really try to understand: you work with what you get. Maximize this realization and the crew dynamics go up and so does work effort/attitude.

297 Other Employee Reviews for Georgia-Pacific Corporation (View Most Recent)

Lots of opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous in Green Bay, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Green Bay, WI (US)

I have been working at Georgia-Pacific Corporation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great place to experience diverse career choices. Many jobs available across the country. They encourage you to find the right role even if not in the same group.

Cons

Mentoring for new/young employees isn't strong. Learn on your own mentality.

MBM culture is preached far more than practiced. Still just using the buzzwords.

Great Starting Pay and Great Ethics,

Former Employee - Process Engineer in Monticello, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Process Engineer in Monticello, GA (US)

I worked at Georgia-Pacific Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very Ethical and safe company. They focus on always working safely in the mills as well as great benefits and great pay.

Cons

In Management, they tend to have high turnover rate due to over-working all the employees. The mill I worked at was under-staffed and every person took on at least 3 roles. While I was there I worked as a a manager, Line supervisor, Safety coordinator, and team leader for 2 different internal groups.

Hire a few more people so that everyone does not need to work 60 + hours every week on a consistent basis.

There are newer employer reviews for Georgia-Pacific Corporation