Georgia-Pacific Corporation

www.gp.com

GP corp is super high one the safety aspects of plsnt operation!

Line Take Off Forklift Op/Shipping Loader (Former Employee) Surrey, BC

ProsI previously state Geogia Pacific take their safety to the highest level. As well as in a greviance situation there is always a fair compromise usually worked out.

ConsBiggest concern I have for the local Plant - Edmonton Alberta, they had no problem letting the facility go on s six month strike, while management was force to run the board line/crossing the picket line.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more consistent with knowing the ground floor workers. Remember, U hired human being with different stories to life and really try to understand: you work with what you get. Maximize this realization and the crew dynamics go up and so does work effort/attitude.

Long term employee who loved the work and only left due to layoff.

Human Resources/Safety (Former Employee) Spartanburg, SC (US)

I worked at Georgia-Pacific Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Fun, competitive workplace while still being cooperative. The corrugator plant (Spartanburg)… Cons: Big decisions come out of corporate in Atlanta and plants… Advice to Senior Management: Plants getting results should be copied. Part of why I was cut was because they… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good company, stable career.

I have been working at Georgia-Pacific Corporation full-time

Pros: Many opportunities to learn. Not too stressful. A lot of… Cons: Entry level pay is lower than competitors, lower bonus. Only two weeks vacation to start.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Georgia-Pacific Corporation.

Worked for Georgia-Pacific Corporation? Contribute to the Community!