GeoEye
www.geoeye.com Longmont, CO 500 to 999 Employees

I've been able to travel with this company.

Geospatial Analyst (Current Employee)
Stuttgart (Germany)

I have been working at GeoEye

ProsVarious employment opportunities, you don't take the job for the company, you take the job for the government agency you want to work for. GeoEye Analytics is basically just a middle man that skims money from your paycheck to cover their overhead, much like all defense contractors. There are many positions in different places around the world.

ConsLittle support from head office while you're "deployed", signed contracts are rewritten, giving you less money and changing your end dates, after they have you on the hook for the job and no other alternatives, they have an education fund as a benefit in the handbook, but when you go to take advantage of the education money they tell you that there isn't any money in the budget, there is no additional pay for overtime, they pocket all the profits for any OT you work, there are no awards or rewards for hard work, no recognition, except for the PM's that take the credit for getting new contracts based on the hard work you did.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet employees keep the overtime they work hard for, give awards and recognition, support emplyees, if a PM says he's going to do something he should do it, do what's right, be moral, don't let a "legal framework" guide you. Just because you're not legally bound to do the right thing doesn't mean you shouldn't do what's right. Be a force of change in the industry, be the guys that make other companies look bad in comparison, stop lowbidding to the point of un-profitability on contracts and decreasing salaries industry-wide.

To many cons for working at GeoEye

I have been working at GeoEye

Pros: Good health benefits and generous time off. Cons: The company doesn't have a clear strategic direction. Communication between management… Advice to Senior Management: Pay more competitve salaries and listen to your employees. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Wake up and pay your low lvel techies market rate (I'm not 1)

Chief Bottle Washer (Current Employee)
Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at GeoEye

Pros: Flexable work time. G8 health ins. they actually pay when your sick and cover many doc.'s hospital… Cons: Location, St Louis is inexpensive but utterly uninspiring. Lots of overtime diring lauch windows (I'm on salary) The left hand at times subverts the right hand and… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the tech people. Eliminate the heat ticket system. Reduce Thortons attempted take over of the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on GeoEye.

Worked for GeoEye? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GeoEye reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GeoEye CEO Jeffrey R. Tarr. All reviews posted anonymously by GeoEye employees.