General Motors

Change is Inevitable... and Required

Analyst (Former Employee)
Detroit, MI (US)

I worked at General Motors full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGM will teach you a tremendous amount regarding surviving and prospering in a changing environment. The experience will harden you and force self-reliance.

ConsGM does not consistently adhere to its core values.

Advice to Senior ManagementGM needs to finish the job of "cleaning house" -- As long as the pre-bankruptcy executive leaders are in power (with only a few exceptions), GM will continue to sustain business as usual. Intense focus needs to be placed on building automotive manufacturing capability and intellectual capital to encourage innovation and creativity that will bring on youth engagement and excitement around the GM brand.

Decent company for young people

I have been working at General Motors

Pros: There are a lot of good and smart people that your… Cons: Company is too big and bureaucrat. Compromises are expected. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Challenging

District Manager (Former Employee)
Alpharetta, GA (US)

I worked at General Motors full-time for more than a year

Pros: No two days are the same. Ever changing industry Cons: Management not on the same page and too many people… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to internal and external customers more. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on General Motors.

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Motors reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for General Motors CEO Mary Barra. All reviews posted anonymously by General Motors employees.