General Motors
www.gm.com Detroit, MI 5000+ Employees

changing atmosphere

Program Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at General Motors full-time for more than 10 years

Prosreasonable pay, facilities are a plus, local mgmt is interested. benefits are still good, although they have decreased since bankruptcy.

Constop mgmt changing constantly since bankruptcy, top mgmt has pressure for their program of the day, existing employees stuck with everybody's an idiot image.

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to employees, and then make your moves. don't paint everyone with the same brush. Keep an open mind to past successes and failures and study them.

If you're coming to GM for IT - Does not come close to an IT environment

I have been working at General Motors full-time for less than a year

Pros: The pay and benefits are good. Cons: It doesn't matter what position you hired in for, when a re-org happens, nobody cares. No job future here in IT. Old… Advice to Senior Management: Soon, many of the new IT hires will be walking out the door unless they see a future at this… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Run away from this company

District Sales Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at General Motors full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Great benefits, home office, company car Cons: 24/7 work hours, pay does not compensate working 12 hour… Advice to Senior Management: Senior leadership never wants to hear the truth about market performance,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on General Motors.

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Motors reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for General Motors CEO Mary Barra. All reviews posted anonymously by General Motors employees.