General Motors

Have to work for it

Manager (Current Employee)
Warren, MI (US)

I have been working at General Motors full-time for more than 3 years

ProsManagment rewards talent, and fosters an environment that thrives on teamwork and relationship building. You do have to put in long hours on occassion, but this is a company with endless possibilities, including rotations outside of the States, several legal business entities the size of fortune 500 companies, and cross-functional experiences.

ConsHR still has an old-school mentatility and often fights upward movement for employees that are "too inexperienced" (e.g. too young), and still pushes a seniority-based instead of talent-based retention model. Management fights the battle, and often wins, but still difficult to manage a business when you cannot make the decisions that need to be made on the personnel side.

Senior Product development engineer

Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee)
Warren, MI (US)

I have been working at General Motors full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great company. Several types of jobs within the company. Cons: Big company with lot confusion about responsibilities Advice to Senior Management: Need to make people more accountable and cleary defined goals… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It is never a Dull day.

Manager (Current Employee)
Detroit, MI (US)

I have been working at General Motors full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great benefits, Lots of opportunities IF you know where to… Cons: Corporate structure, Can be rigid. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on General Motors.

Worked for General Motors? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at General Motors reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for General Motors CEO Mary Barra. All reviews posted anonymously by General Motors employees.