Generac Power Systems

www.generac.com

look elseware (

Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsGave me a job when I was Laid off (low balled wages and vacation)

Cons1. low wages (engineer)
2. clueless management (no experience and talk down to a professional with more than 20 years of experience
3. absolutely will not pay mileage to drive 25 miles between facilities (as a professional expect to run from one office to another for company business (subtract at least, the cost , of a tank of gas from your wages weekly))
4. worst benefits I have ever had as an engineer
5. the place is filthy and old (offices, the factory floor is worse)
6. 3 bathrooms for 1000 employees
7. no lunchroom (office people eat at their desk and factory employees sit on boxes or eat in their car
8. management is completely disorganized
9. program documentation is about 20 years behind the times
10. 2 weeks vacation for a professional with more than 20 years experience (they told me absolutely not negotiable
11. the only reason to take a job at generac is because you need money coming in until you find a real job
12. In managements mind all software cost too much, so forget about having microsoft project, fea, mini tab, etc
13. hardly any promotions from within
14. people leave both the office and the factory floor, to find better positions regularly (thats why they have so many openings, all the time)(my department lost 9 people last year)
15. Never take a contract position at generac. (serious 2nd class treatment and if they ask you to go direct (almost never) they low ball the wages.

Advice to Senior Management1 pay wages that are comparable to others in the market and hire real experienced managers (or better yet, train people from within instead of pulling in unknown talent from outside)

Too much management

I have been working at Generac Power Systems full-time

Pros: They're remodeling the entire building so at least you will have that… Cons: Non-designers get to share their opinion on everything and weigh in… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

material handler

Material Handler (Current Employee) Whitewater, WI (US)

I have been working at Generac Power Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros: Very nice environment, co workers, and supervisors. Cons: Overtime is mandatory and not much notice is given when they want you to work. Warehouse is unorganized and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Generac Power Systems.

Worked for Generac Power Systems? Contribute to the Community!