Generac Power Systems

www.generac.com

Generac's Management blows major chunks

Current Employee - Dealer Acquisitions  in  Whitewater, WI (US)
Current Employee - Dealer Acquisitions in Whitewater, WI (US)

Pros

The best reason to work at Generac is if you are interested in the generator market and need experience.

Cons

Management doesn't know anything. They can't communicate to save their lives. We learn about job critical information a day before the public does. We, the employees, have to constantly make excuses for upper management. I don't think management isn't from the same planet as the rest of us. Turn over in our department is more than 50%. My report to doesn't know the product and her report to is even worse - and she reports to the president of the company! Some of her great lines are:
1) We are make 360 degree changes from what we used to do.
2) Double $150 is $250!
3) I really can see people having on average $46,000.00 in disposable income.

I think the biggest thing for senior management is to stop playing intra office politic's games. It seems like all they are trying to do is keep their jobs as they fire people below them.

Other reviews for Generac Power Systems

A good group of positive people!

Former Employee - Technical Service Representative
    Former Employee - Technical Service Representative

Pros

A good group of positive people, trying to make the best of a challenging market segment.

Cons

Their is a change in the culture happening don't know where things will end up, The Drive!

Watch your pace of change!

Growing pains, but making progress!

Current Employee - Service Department Employee
    Current Employee - Service Department Employee

Pros

Co-workers and boss's are very down to earth and laid back. If you do your job well then they will be more flexible with you. There are many opportunities for advancement and growth here. The company is growing at a fast rate, almost too fast. The benefits are pretty good and competitive.

Cons

Pay is a bit lower than other companies, and I have see a lot of turnover because of it. The company is going through growing pains and we are playing catch up. The computer software is very old and outdated. Many aspects of the company are run like it is 1995, they really need to get with the times.

Work to keep good employees and young talent. Also satisfy employees eagerness to advance and grow within the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Generac Power Systems.

Worked for Generac Power Systems? Contribute to the Community!