Generac Power Systems
www.generac.com Waukesha, WI 1000 to 5000 Employees

Generac's Management blows major chunks

Dealer Acquisitions (Current Employee)
Whitewater, WI (US)

I have been working at Generac Power Systems

ProsThe best reason to work at Generac is if you are interested in the generator market and need experience.

ConsManagement doesn't know anything. They can't communicate to save their lives. We learn about job critical information a day before the public does. We, the employees, have to constantly make excuses for upper management. I don't think management isn't from the same planet as the rest of us. Turn over in our department is more than 50%. My report to doesn't know the product and her report to is even worse - and she reports to the president of the company! Some of her great lines are:
1) We are make 360 degree changes from what we used to do.
2) Double $150 is $250!
3) I really can see people having on average $46,000.00 in disposable income.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think the biggest thing for senior management is to stop playing intra office politic's games. It seems like all they are trying to do is keep their jobs as they fire people below them.

Great place for growth as a Designer in the Mechanical Engineering field.

Designer (Current Employee)
Waukesha, WI (US)

I have been working at Generac Power Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros: Fast paced environment, a growing industry, a growing company with good benefits, good… Cons: Too many processes or lack thereof can make work frustrating and stressful when things are happening at a blistering pace. This in turn… Advice to Senior Management: Better systems (centralized system) and better processes (not more processes)… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good company, good team leads.

General Laborer (Former Employee)
Whitewater, WI (US)

I worked at Generac Power Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros: The management is great. A lot of overtime, so the paychecks are nice and big. Good work is recognized and rewarded. Management understands… Cons: The starting pay is a bit low. It is factory… Advice to Senior Management: Drug test to give better pay. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Generac Power Systems.

Worked for Generac Power Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Generac Power Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Generac Power Systems CEO Aaron Jagdfeld. All reviews posted anonymously by Generac Power Systems employees.