There are newer employer reviews for Gartner

I truly love my job.

Current Employee - Manager in Stamford, CT (US)
Current Employee - Manager in Stamford, CT (US)

I have been working at Gartner full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Smart people, good pay/benefits, strong leadership. Quick promotion of talent.

Cons

Lack of structured career development. You must be somewhat of a self-starter to succeed.

Keep up the good work. You run a great company.

489 Other Employee Reviews for Gartner (View Most Recent)

Great vision, superb execution

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Stamford, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Stamford, CT (US)

I have been working at Gartner full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

This company is run like a fine-tuned watch. From vision to process to measurement to tuning/revising strategy -- the management team is superb at identifying opportunities, sharpening its focus and deploying resources to capitalize on opportunities.

Cons

It can get a bit too "mechanical" and too process centric. It is not a major problem yet, but there is an element of art in the research, marketing and sales process -- not just pure process efficiency. The formula for success is superb process focus plus great talent. Process alone cannot make average performers successful.

The culture and collaboration of the senior management team permeates the entire organization. It is a VERY healthy culture -- collaborative, rewarding, immediate feedback, constructive. Remain accessible and proactive. It is harder to do as a $2B firm than a $1B firm but it is critical -- and motivating to the rank and file.

Gartner is an absolute wonderful place to work either in the office or as a remote; I've enjoyed the benefits of both.

Current Employee - Specialist in Remote, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Specialist in Remote, OR (US)

I have been working at Gartner full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great talent current in all marketable areas and beyond; wonderful, friendly co-workers within and without of my team; associates always willing to help in any situation; cross-training and sharing information is common place; benefits are absolutely fantastic; great office atmosphere; strong appreciation for all employees; many associates work remotely and are treated the same; training is encouraged.

Cons

Some job descriptions and titles have become obsolete and should be reworked for today's market and obligations.

There are newer employer reviews for Gartner