There are newer employer reviews for Gardner Denver

Gardner Denver Thomas historically has been a pretty good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sheboygan, WI (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sheboygan, WI (US)

I have been working at Gardner Denver

Pros

It was well known that GDT was a leader in its field and has been a nice place to work over the years. The workforce has historically been very, very stable. That showed that GDT was indeed a good place to work. Management gave employees support in medical emergencies.

Cons

No employee wellness program to speak of. Also, there was no formal training programs until recently.

Advice to Management

Training programs for sales personnel and for mid-level and upper management would benefit the company.I would also establish an employee wellness program.

reviews filtered by
  1. Positive internship with valuable manufacturing experience.

Former Intern - Manufacturing Engineer in Sedalia, MO (US)
    Former Intern - Manufacturing Engineer in Sedalia, MO (US)

I worked at Gardner Denver as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Friendly office culture, opportunity for advancement, feels like your voice matters, job security.

Cons

Job duties can be unclear, "need it yesterday" mentality, tense relationships blue and white collar employees.

Advice to Management

When there aren't extremely urgent matters that need to be resolved, pass down innovative ideas of how to improve the product.

2. No seniority! No security!

Former Employee - Mechanic in Altoona, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Mechanic in Altoona, PA (US)

I worked at Gardner Denver full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It was nice place to work

Cons

Worked there 1 year, got axed even though there were 25 people hired after me. People were being trained for my position, and then I was told my position was being eliminated. I believe I was a threat to the manager above me. No respect for loyalty, hard work or quality. Was told it was not a layoff because we don't have a call back. No seniority !!!

Advice to Management

Hire more skilled managers. The unskilled ones who deem good knowledgeable workers as a threat only cost the company money and time. The example of me being axed will send fear into other employees in the shop killing all loyalty and possibly production. All employees like a little security. This action sends the message no one is safe.

There are newer employer reviews for Gardner Denver