fast pace job for anyone

Current Employee - Manager  in  Baltimore, MD (US)
Current Employee - Manager in Baltimore, MD (US)

I have been working at GameStop full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

meeting customers and helping other people

Cons

micro manage and give more hours

give more hours

Other Reviews for GameStop

Some days are great, some days are not great

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Roanoke, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Roanoke, VA (US)

I have been working at GameStop full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company, great support from corporate, insider info about gaming industry, easy to move up through the company, great local support network, fun events to plan, the CEO of the company is great (he sends us video and phone messages to keep us motivated and is very enthusiastic and supportive of the store personnel)

Cons

Micro-managed, intense pressure to achieve goals, frequently hires people outside of company to fill higher positions, has a change your people or change your people mentality

Know how to play the politics in your favor, keep your nose clean, stay on the radar and below it simultaneously

A Fortune 500 company that cares about its employees by listening to them, and not dictating to them

Current Employee - Dist
    Current Employee - Dist

I have been working at GameStop full-time

Pros

Organization is quick to change/react to the business and associates needs. They listen to all ideas and value every single one of its employees. I have worked for other Fortune 500 companies during my retail career, but GameStop is one who cares even about the seasonal part time associate, regardless of your age, gender, or ethnicity. The company provides resources and tools to its associates and managers in order to succeed. Thus, it is up to each individual to chart their progress and career.

Cons

I have not seen anything detrimental.....it has its usual hiccups and headaches other companies go through, but this company is resilient.

Keep up the good work and being accessible as well as approachable. You are always willing to listen, and don't believe in titles.

There are newer employer reviews for GameStop.

Worked for GameStop? Contribute to the Community!