There are newer employer reviews for Gallup

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Systems Applications Developer  in  Madison, WI (US)
Current Employee - Systems Applications Developer in Madison, WI (US)

I have been working at Gallup full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wonderful people(unless your reporting boss sucks), good place to learn

Cons

Very very poor pay. No possibility for growth.

256 Other Employee Reviews for Gallup (View Most Recent)

Theoretically Strong, Practically Weak

Current Employee - Strategic Consultant  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Strategic Consultant in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Gallup full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Gallup has good books that provides indepth insight on their range of products. Organizations can apply many of the tools and incorporate it to their existing culture.

Cons

When it comes to practising what they preach however, there is vast disparity. Consultants are too young to cut it. Some senior consultants rehash a lot of bumbo-jumbo, but no practical solutions. They appear to perform, but sometimes lost the plot. The impact provided by previous ex-consultants were significant and of a different level.

One Singapore consultant boasts in LinkedIn that she was promoted from Associate to Consultant in just 7 months! She was literally fresh out of National Singapore University. And she is put in charge of a >$1 million project. Gallup is lucky to have such accomodating clients! But do not count on luck all the time. It's time you try to draw back the old colleagues who had left for greener pastures - at least on a part-time basis.

Don't, Just don't...

Former Employee - Advanced Design and Analytics  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Former Employee - Advanced Design and Analytics in Washington, DC (US)

I worked at Gallup full-time for more than a year

Pros

Gallup has some of the best and smartest people you will ever meet..
    Great work parties

Cons

Gallup is a dire place to work.. Dire. They routinely promise new employees the moon and then deliver 2,400 hours a year of creating power point decks. Want to do the job they promised you? Just wait a few months... and then a few more...and then what was it they promised you again? And how can they give you better assignments when you have such a bad attitude as to ask for better assignments? Before I resigned I would have told you I knew maybe 10 people who were really happy at Gallup. When I announced my resignation five of those people told me they were also looking for a job. People are exhausted, terribly unhappy, and afraid they will be fired if they speak openly, or take time off for oh, like Christmas. I have never started a job with such enthusiasm and ended with such disappointment.

Read your own books and follow your own advice. Listen to your employees instead of terrorizing them.

There are newer employer reviews for Gallup

Worked for Gallup? Contribute to the Community!