Stay away from small, contracted companies!

Current Employee - Engineer I  in  Houston, TX (US)
Current Employee - Engineer I in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at GCS

Pros

Paid government holidays. They're a subcontractor, so everyone thinks you work for a big company (primary contractor), but you don't.

Cons

Poor pay. Low tuition reimbursement (3500/yr). They're a subcontractor, so everyone thinks you work for a big company, but you don't.

Only way to get a raise is to change jobs.

Give people raises as incentives to keep doing their job well.

Otherwise, people are always on a learning curve, and not performing as well as they could.

Other Reviews for GCS

This is a respectable company, who is willing to give great opportunities to teens through internships.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at GCS as an intern for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company values and always wants the best from their workers.

Cons

Not much interaction with high school interns and it wouldn't hurt to be paid more

I think this company should just be more involved with employees especially high school interns.

Kudos to GCS!

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Springfield, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Springfield, VA (US)

I have been working at GCS as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

I want to express my gratitude by publicly giving thanks to GCS for creating a culture where hard work and dedication is not only appreciated but rewarded. GCS took he time to shower me with accolades about my performance in supporting a certain Government client in the Intelligence Community, and also provide an unexpected bonus and pay increase.
    Hard work and dedication to the mission is of upmost importance in this environment and I feel as if GCS instills the commitment to support these vital U.S. government missions. My service to my country is rewarding; an added bonus is that I’m surrounded by talented, competent colleagues. I appreciate leadership that recognize that family is first if/when the need arises.
    My Program Manager and Team Lead are men of integrity with high values and standards both on the job, in their family and in the community.

Cons

I can't think of one thing that I'm unhappy with about woring for GCS.

I feel that it’s an honor to work for GCS and hope that they continue to hire responsible co-workers who share these internal values that help make all of us a success.

There are newer employer reviews for GCS.

Worked for GCS? Contribute to the Community!