Fry
www.fry.com Ann Arbor, MI 150 to 499 Employees

so much potential but brought down by bad management

Designer (Former Employee)
Ann Arbor, MI (US)

I worked at Fry

Prosquality of people you work alongside. There have been a huge amount of very talented people who have worked at Fry. Unfortunately a lot have now left, but the hardest reason to leave fry would be because of the people you spend your days with. They are what makes the company.

ConsFry has a very top heavy management structure. Projects are micro managed by inexperienced management. There is high turn over. There is a lack of innovative projects to work on and outside of the company many think that all fry sites function and look alike. A company that is too tied to its platform which has stifled creativity within all disciplines for too long.

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your employees

A sweat shop running on out of date platform.

Web Developer (Former Employee)

I worked at Fry full-time for more than a year

Pros: Company seems to have steady clients and many are high… Cons: Development is run as a sweatshop. Little interest in new ideas. Platform is home grown, using obsolete technologies. Little OO… Advice to Senior Management: Re-engineer you platform. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good Team, not much BS

I have been working at Fry full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: They have high standards for the quality of work they will release. People are cool- no drama. The environment is… Cons: Sometimes the planning isn't that good and people work a lot of overtime. Management and senior team members are overworked, so sometimes they aren't… Advice to Senior Management: Plan better! There's no reason for us to have these ugly crunches at the end of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Fry.

Worked for Fry? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fry reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fry CEO John E. Gularson. All reviews posted anonymously by Fry employees.