There are newer employer reviews for Ford Motor

Good work environment, good pay

Former Employee - Welder in Cologne (Germany)
Former Employee - Welder in Cologne (Germany)

I worked at Ford Motor as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay, interesting work with lots of different stations you can switch to, very polite and friendly bosses

Cons

Not that much really, it can get boring if you are stuck for too long at one post, but normally you can switch a lot

881 Other Employee Reviews for Ford Motor (View Most Recent)

Great company

I worked at Ford Motor as an intern

Pros

Lots of mentoring available if you seek it

Cons

The company went on a hiring freeze while I was working there, it was a scary experience to see the panic in people's eyes just before Christmas. But I learned some valuable lessons on Leadership.

Varied but underwhelming

Former Employee - Reliability & Maintainability in Livonia, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Reliability & Maintainability in Livonia, MI (US)

I worked at Ford Motor as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

-The different plant locations in the area provide different work opportunities
    -Proximity to the headquarters assures company/business updates are recent and relevant
    -Although bad, the economic downturn allows for significant, available project work to be completed as they (hopefully) start rebuilding

Cons

-Determining project work/objectives was challenging through the bureaucracy
    -On-boarding process was confusing, not straight-forward and poorly laid out
    -Was hired under one manager, who was then transferred to Canada, and transition to new manager was stodgy
    -Internally slow and lacking standard procedures for work, analysis, etc.

The internship program should operate as a feeder into the full-time program, which was conferred to us but appears to be significantly lacking in operation. The project(s) were not fully laid out prior to my arrival, we scrambled my first week just trying to pull something together, and I was not given a proper exit interview/opportunity at the end of the summer. For a company that spoke of growing and expanding, that was less-than-evident in the facilities themselves.

There are newer employer reviews for Ford Motor