There are newer employer reviews for Florida Power & Light

Great place to work, plenty of opportunities

Former Employee - Marketing & Communications  in  Juno Beach, FL (US)
Former Employee - Marketing & Communications in Juno Beach, FL (US)

I worked at Florida Power & Light full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company really strives to hire only the best people, so you are working with a team of talented people who pull their own weight and will help you succeed as well. There was really a great 'family' feeling within the department, and management constantly strove to improve employee engagement -- formal surveys of employees, biannual opportunities to sit with supervisor and discuss how he/she could help you do you job better.

Organization as a whole has a drive for excellence, so if you are the type of person who enjoys daily challenges (as I did) then you will feel fulfilled here. Communications department works hard to make sure employees are informed and up-to-date which helps the sense of investment you feel in the company. With the size of the company you also have many opportunities to advance your career without ever needing to switch employers.

*I left my job because of personal reasons and was satisfied with my time at the company

Cons

It may depend on your given role, but the work/life balance needs to be improved. Average workday usually included working through lunch and staying 30 minutes to an hour late. Part of this was my team's expectations, part was my own drive to success so I take partial responsibility.

As such a large organization, oftentimes the approval process was cumbersome and decision making painfully slow.

Continue open communications; continue employee engagement initiatives and promoting a culture of openness between supervisors/employees; strengthen the work/life balance

75 Other Employee Reviews for Florida Power & Light (View Most Recent)

Great learning experiences but will not be your "Forever" company

Former Employee - Engineer II  in  Juno Beach, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Engineer II in Juno Beach, FL (US)

I worked at Florida Power & Light full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very stable company with good benefits

Cons

Corp Culture: Horrible work life balance

Cad Drafter

I worked at Florida Power & Light full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The company is not going to end operations any time soon.

Cons

Most of the new employees star as contractors

Remember that years of experience has more value than saving money in salary with new hires.

There are newer employer reviews for Florida Power & Light

Worked for Florida Power & Light? Contribute to the Community!