Flextronics

www.flextronics.com
  www.flextronics.com
There are newer employer reviews for Flextronics

Very poor company

Current Employee - Customer Service Technician in Atlanta, GA (US)
Current Employee - Customer Service Technician in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Flextronics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Usually flexible schedule
Exposure to new mobile devices.

Cons

The management of the the RTS division is pitiful. I often wondered just how these people got their jobs.

The new hire training was a joke. The on-site training was full of drama and personal intrigue. There is no support from mid or upper management. If you follow policy, you are wrong. If you do not follow policy, you are wrong.

The company mantra is "Assign blame at all costs but, don't actually fix a problem."

Don't hope for a promotion unless you are a buddy of the person doing the promoting.

Raises are non-existant. Management has no idea of how to motivate, reward, or inspire.

At this point I would say clean house and start over. The problems are rooted so deep I see little hope to improve with current leadership and culture.

Fortunately I am moving on and have been hired by a company that is always in the top ten companies to work for.

Good riddance.

479 Other Employee Reviews for Flextronics (View Most Recent)

Former mechanical design engineer

Former Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer in Plano, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Mechanical Design Engineer in Plano, TX (US)

I worked at Flextronics as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The variety is good. Pay is decent, and the onsite equipment is top notch. Location is convenient to downtown plano.

Cons

Like other reviewers mention, extremely lacking in direction, no feedback, political, and frequent layoffs. I was a contractor their, and this was communicated not only with management but in the attitudes of the regular employees as well. When I interviewed with them, they talked a good game, but don't believe the hype. I came down from my home of indianapolis on a 9 month contract to plano, texas, got laid off three months later. I was told that I was not picking up on things fast enough, but was not provided any specifics. This was while:
    1) None of my projects were behind
    2) No complaints from customers of the company
    3) The regular employees felt a need to micro manage me and then bash me over the head in the form of copying a supervisor when I did something wrong. This only happened a few times, but you get my drift.
    4) I never got angry and if I did do something wrong, I would relate the information to my team as I understood it, so I could be corrected. But beware, they will use this against you, because they are political like that.

Frequent layoffs creates an environment of fear, and when you cultivate fear instead of collaboration, you breed an army of automaton robots(employees) who are not innovative. It is also extremely unprofessional and inhumane to bring somebody down from a remote location, with a secure job only to lay them off three months later. While I understand the nature of contract work, people are not machines either. I should have thought of this though when the hiring manager for my position asked my recruiter if he had any good commodities on hand.

Quality Engineer

Former Employee - Supplier Quality Engineer in Plano, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Supplier Quality Engineer in Plano, TX (US)

I worked at Flextronics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Compensation and benefits are very good. I liked the people I worked with.

Cons

Layoffs every other quarter. No job security. Distance from my house to Flextronics was 90 miles round trip.

Don't hire someone full-time and then lay them off 6 months to a year later.

There are newer employer reviews for Flextronics