Flextronics

www.flextronics.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Flextronics

Very poor company

Current Employee - Customer Service Technician in Atlanta, GA (US)
Current Employee - Customer Service Technician in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Flextronics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Usually flexible schedule
Exposure to new mobile devices.

Cons

The management of the the RTS division is pitiful. I often wondered just how these people got their jobs.

The new hire training was a joke. The on-site training was full of drama and personal intrigue. There is no support from mid or upper management. If you follow policy, you are wrong. If you do not follow policy, you are wrong.

The company mantra is "Assign blame at all costs but, don't actually fix a problem."

Don't hope for a promotion unless you are a buddy of the person doing the promoting.

Raises are non-existant. Management has no idea of how to motivate, reward, or inspire.

At this point I would say clean house and start over. The problems are rooted so deep I see little hope to improve with current leadership and culture.

Fortunately I am moving on and have been hired by a company that is always in the top ten companies to work for.

Good riddance.

529 Other Employee Reviews for Flextronics (View Most Recent)

Wants to have good customer service, but doesn't understand how

I worked at Flextronics

Pros

Appears to want to improve customer service, Great lower management

Cons

Higher management is very detached, You hear a lot of text-book phrases about improvement and customer service but you quickly realize they are reading from a book and don't understand the underlying principles and qualities that lead to great customer service. Day 1 of training includes a slideshow that says "We are NOT legally required to give you breaks, but we do." That, in itself, shows that they are more concerned with setting the stage for removing breaks than they are with understanding why breaks are important for morale.

Get more in touch with lower levels of employment, understand their daily journey and needs, and higher someone who truly understands the spirit of great customer service and employee relations, not someone who reads from customer service books and uses a lot of clip art.

Quality Engineer

Former Employee - Supplier Quality Engineer in Plano, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Supplier Quality Engineer in Plano, TX (US)

I worked at Flextronics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Compensation and benefits are very good. I liked the people I worked with.

Cons

Layoffs every other quarter. No job security. Distance from my house to Flextronics was 90 miles round trip.

Don't hire someone full-time and then lay them off 6 months to a year later.

There are newer employer reviews for Flextronics