Flextronics
www.flextronics.com Singapore 5000+ Employees

Wants to have good customer service, but doesn't understand how

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Flextronics

ProsAppears to want to improve customer service, Great lower management

ConsHigher management is very detached, You hear a lot of text-book phrases about improvement and customer service but you quickly realize they are reading from a book and don't understand the underlying principles and qualities that lead to great customer service. Day 1 of training includes a slideshow that says "We are NOT legally required to give you breaks, but we do." That, in itself, shows that they are more concerned with setting the stage for removing breaks than they are with understanding why breaks are important for morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more in touch with lower levels of employment, understand their daily journey and needs, and higher someone who truly understands the spirit of great customer service and employee relations, not someone who reads from customer service books and uses a lot of clip art.

Quality Engineer

Supplier Quality Engineer (Former Employee)
Plano, TX (US)

I worked at Flextronics full-time for more than a year

Pros: Compensation and benefits are very good. I liked the… Cons: Layoffs every other quarter. No job security. Distance… Advice to Senior Management: Don't hire someone full-time and then lay them off 6… More

A great place to work

I have been working at Flextronics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: This is a great place to work when you have some… Cons: You need to join Flex with a good salary in other case you will… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Flextronics.

Worked for Flextronics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Flextronics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Flextronics CEO Mike McNamara. All reviews posted anonymously by Flextronics employees.