First Niagara Financial
www.fnfg.com Buffalo, NY 5000+ Employees

Lies, Lies, Lies

Product Manager (Current Employee)
Buffalo, NY (US)

I have been working at First Niagara Financial full-time for more than 5 years

ProsParties are fun, Senior Management pumps you up with motivational fluffery.

ConsExecutives, Leadership Council, and Managers can not be trusted. They promote the CULTURE as outstanding. They need to stop talking to themselves. If anyone tries to provide constructive advice or make real change - they are silenced. Look at the long list of outstanding leaders who have been let go for no reason and with no notice.

John Koelmel, the CEO is out for himself and that permeates the organization. Mr. Koelmel has FNFG pay for company events that are personal parties for him. He is a bully that is not capable of listening. As soon as someone as a different idea than his, that person is escorted from the company. I have seen it time and time again.

The lack of integrity permeates the management ranks. They make promises they do not live up to. They are dishonest people. The Management Committee members on down will tell you how great they work together and the great culture. Then behind closed doors they put themselves first - time and time again. Do not be fooled!!

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Board of Directors needs to wake up and replace all the lying, dishonest, promise-makers who take care of themselves at the expense of customers and employees.

Management and all employees - keep your resumes updated as you are all replaceable and your "teammates" are plotting your exit that could occur at any time.

Leadership catastrophe

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at First Niagara Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: great logo colors; decent PTO; community involvement Cons: Weak Leadership; Weak Organizational Development and HR departments; extremely political environment; little accountability; no infrastructure (although they are spending some major $$… Advice to Senior Management: Recognize that the organization can only progress to the level of the leader--the organization has been set up to become a case study for learning… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

No Room for Advancement. Cutthroat, High Pressure Sales Environment

Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee)
Allentown, PA (US)

I worked at First Niagara Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great Benefits. 100% coverage. Decent vacation package. Cons: Management plays favorites from top down. Fired some people for "policy violations" but not… Advice to Senior Management: Get your act together or I wouldn't be surprised to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on First Niagara Financial.

Worked for First Niagara Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at First Niagara Financial reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for First Niagara Financial CEO John R. Koelmel. All reviews posted anonymously by First Niagara Financial employees.