Fidelity Investments

www.fidelity.com
  www.fidelity.com
There are newer employer reviews for Fidelity Investments

Great company to work for

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good management, great 401 & profit sharing, career development

Cons

No cons with this company

1937 Other Employee Reviews for Fidelity Investments (View Most Recent)

Place is a circus act and real investors should run away, fast!

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great name brand that people seem to trust, for now. Free coffee. Well, that's about it folks.

Cons

The mangers at the branch could care less about the clients and their assets. It is all about what the account executives are doing with the clients money. Get that money invested at all costs. Stick 'em in mutual funds, annuities or PAS managed program so they can charge them fees. Fidelity investors do not realize they are being duped by purchasing their no load funds. Why? Because their funds tend to have higher turnover ratios that in turn allow their fund managers to perform trades. This equates to significant trading costs that are not disclosable under current law. Investors only see the fund expenses and forget the hidden fees. Do you really think they are going to give good advixe and not be charging you anything people? Really? Furthermore, they treat their superstar higjly experienced people the same as the ones they are getting rid of. It's all about brown nosing at that place. Quality employees leave within 24 months. The bad ones stay because they cannot get hired anywhere else. Their micro management, cukture of fear and intimidation, and peanuts for pay make this place highly avoided by the top 10% of financial advisors from other firms.

Stop promoting morons due to their brown nosing, tenure, or incompetence. If you are that scared to hire or promote quality people because you fear they will show you up, well, they will anyway. How? The way several of us in the top 25 national rank did when we all left you while scrathed your heads in disbelief. Reason? We can make more income, not jeopardize our integrty to the
    client by cutting their grass rather than working for this organization that's hell bent on seeing how many top quality people they can hire for the cheapest dollar only to watch them succedd then resign while on top! Take your head out of your butts and remove your ego or else when this market turns you will be left with the bottom 5% of morons in which you deserve. You people absolutely suck!

Internship-BPS: My experience was okay

Former Employee - BPS Intern
    Former Employee - BPS Intern

I worked at Fidelity Investments as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

The compensations for Interns was more than fair. If you are currently seeking a post graduate degree your compensations is increased in comparison to undergraduate interns.

Great opportunity to meet upper level management and work in a team setting on several projects throughout the internship.

Cons

The Business Unit seems to be shrinking, they are asking associates to perform two or three peoples jobs. They make several internal hires and opportunities to get into this Fidelity business unit externally seems to be limited.

This is not a favorable internship opportunity(BPS internship) for those with degrees in accounting and finance but they like to hire those types of students because of our analytical skills. I suggest that students with those types of backgrounds look to get into other business units within Fidelity.

The project work within this business unit has limited excitement and can seem rather dull most of the time. This business unit is dedicated primarily toward pensions and health & welfare.

Overall this is a satisfactory opportunity. I would suggest that interns be allowed to rotate into the different segments of Fidelity, especially if this department is hiring Finance and Accounting students.

There are newer employer reviews for Fidelity Investments