Federal Signal
www.federalsignal.com Oak Brook, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

The worst company I have ever worked for

QA Engineer (Former Employee)
Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Federal Signal

ProsIt was interesting to know what happens when a car goes through a toll booth and what happens to charge the owner of the car for the toll. The web based application had lots of different options to learn.

ConsLong hours and panic fixes lead to bad work life balance. Salary is way below market. There is little to no communication. Things are sprung on you at the last minute. No training available.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating your employees like mushrooms. You need to communicate more and give some incentives. And let them not have to work on the weekends once in a while.

Good, was better

I have been working at Federal Signal

Pros: Opportunity for career growth is positive Cons: Organizational goals and direction often ambiguous Advice to Senior Management: Develop a solid vision and communicate direction clearly to employees More

Good company buts lots of changes

Supervisor (Current Employee)
University Park, IL (US)

I have been working at Federal Signal full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: People at the plant level are great and through some of the ranks. Old leadership really cared and knew… Cons: Company goes thru periods when really good but lots of… Advice to Senior Management: People are your most important peice of business Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Federal Signal.

Worked for Federal Signal? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Federal Signal reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Federal Signal CEO Dennis J. Martin. All reviews posted anonymously by Federal Signal employees.