There are newer employer reviews for FedEx

Awesome Company

Former Employee - Corporate Account Manager in Charlotte, NC (US)
Former Employee - Corporate Account Manager in Charlotte, NC (US)

I worked at FedEx full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

People, Service Proifts (PSP) Take care of your People, they will provide the service,and the profits will come.

Cons

Large organization, sometimes slow to change.

1181 Other Employee Reviews for FedEx (View Most Recent)

I love working at Fedex, best company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Coraopolis, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Coraopolis, PA (US)

I have been working at FedEx full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent benefits and salary
    Company tuition reimbursement program
    Good work/life balance
    Most employees have been here for many years and will retire from Fedex
    Management cares and listens to us
    Great location, parking, cafeteria, gym, etc.
    Lots of training and opportunities
    No layoffs due to the fact they use contractors as part of the staff

Cons

The only con I can think of now is the drive to the top of Fedex Drive in the snow.

Keep doing what you are doing and you will continue to have the best of the best loyal employees who truly care about the company and are proud to work there.

People orientated, well organized company

Former Employee - Courier in Grand Rapids, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Courier in Grand Rapids, MI (US)

I worked at FedEx full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

People Service Profit philosophy, prestigious name and well recognized company to work for. The benefits are great and the service provided to customers is second to none.

Cons

As with any large company, can become a little political when looking for promotion opportunities. Although there are many great promote-from-within programs the company offers such as Aspire to Management, HR needs to do a better job of ensuring that fresh talent has a fair shot at being selected for vacancies.

HR needs to do a better job of ensuring that fresh, well qualified talent has a shot at management opportunities as opposed to existing managers that are ushered into vacancies simply because it is the easier way of filling the void. Not just me, but a substantial number of my peers who put in many years of dedicated service were passed over because of this. Many of us ended up either leaving the company, or transferring to out of state metro locations with high turnover just to get a foot in the door. I understand that management positions are competitive, but when a large pool of significantly qualified fresh talent applies by the numbers to local vacancies for consecutive years in a row, and consideration is only given to existing management (some with poor track records) looking to do lateral moves, it sort of tarnishes the reputation of an otherwise outstanding company. Give some ambitious new talent a chance! Don't just post a management vacancy as a formality in CareerOps knowing that you're just going to fill it with your buddy from across the way. I am no longer an employee of the company, but I still believe in FedEx and think its a great organization. I also believe that young people like myself that did their time and show the competency, work ethic, and attitude to move up should have a fair shot.

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx