It was good

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Family Dollar Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

team work
benefits
good people
good products
affordable products

Cons

There is a lot to organize and it is a busy environment when many customers come.

Other Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

It's okay mostly because the people I work with are cool.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Parkersburg, WV (US)
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Parkersburg, WV (US)

I have been working at Family Dollar Stores full-time for more than a year

Pros

Simple work, not a lot of stress, pays weekly. GM works around my college schedule. Asst Manager isn't salary.

Cons

The pay sucks majorly. No discounts to speak of, I mean really, every retail job I've had gave you at least 10-20%. When you have truck day (one day every week) your day is wasted because you are basically on call to show up at a different time each week for about 5 hours and it is fairly fast paced moderately hard work. You have to break down every box manually when stocking shelves, time consuming and NO BOX COMPACTOR SUCKS.

Cashier pay is minimum wage which is to be expected, but Assistant Manager starts at $8/hr which is really not expected, it is a huge disappointment, that is 70 cents above minimum wage here, does not line up with the responsibilities. The Asst before me quit after one day. I'm sticking to it for a little while to see if this so-called manager meeting gets Asst any raises.

Field Manager

I worked at Family Dollar Stores

Pros

This company has great value to each community, strong values and a great merchandise mix. Family dollar is committed to the metro and urban customers as well as rural towns.

Cons

Store payrolls are very tight, expectations are very high and when staffing is not perfect, everyone including the customer suffers. Senior management accepts no excuses and turns people quickly and sometimes for the wrong reason.

There are newer employer reviews for Family Dollar Stores.

Worked for Family Dollar Stores? Contribute to the Community!