Family Dollar Stores
www.familydollar.com Matthews, NC 5000+ Employees

Very easy going yet challenging work environment.

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee)
Philadelphia, PA (US)

I worked at Family Dollar Stores full-time for more than a year

ProsThe hours are very flexible and accomadating. It is a challenging work environment dependent on the area the store is loacted, but overall a place that you wil enjoy going to daily. No place of business is perfect and it is what you make it.

ConsIn management you have to take so many test to remain in good standing with corporate. The in-store internet service is super ancient which makes it very difficult to get in-house paperwork done. Further, in areas that arrant more security or more employees, there needs to be an assessment of the budget to do so. Being a woman and alone int he store at times, it can be dangerous dependent on the area.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo work on better structured lunch hours and the overal operation of the store in terms of cleanliness and delegated duties.

Field Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Family Dollar Stores

Pros: This company has great value to each community, strong values and a great merchandise mix.… Cons: Store payrolls are very tight, expectations are very high and when staffing is not perfect, everyone including… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

It's okay mostly because the people I work with are cool.

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
Parkersburg, WV (US)

I have been working at Family Dollar Stores full-time for more than a year

Pros: Simple work, not a lot of stress, pays weekly. GM… Cons: The pay sucks majorly. No discounts to speak of, I mean really, every retail job I've had gave you at least 10-20%. When you have… Advice to Senior Management: Cashier pay is minimum wage which is to be expected, but Assistant Manager starts at $8/hr which is really not expected, it is a huge… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Family Dollar Stores.

Worked for Family Dollar Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Family Dollar Stores reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Family Dollar Stores CEO Howard R. Levine. All reviews posted anonymously by Family Dollar Stores employees.