There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

People are actually smart. It's a special place.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Palo Alto, CA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

Facebook is a fantastic place to work. Yes, you get to work on big things, there are cool new opportunities all over the place, and there's lots of cache...but what really matters is that this is a place full of smart, engaged, and driven people. You don't have conversations at Facebook where you walk away saying "he just didn't get it." This makes every day so much better it's hard to even begin to explain.

Cons

Management is great at a lot of things...but not necessarily at manageing the business. Random stuff just happens that sometimes doesn't make sense across all aspects of the business. Often, initiatives just happen over night, without properly involving all the relevant stakeholders. Sometimes the business side of the company seems to be operating in completely different world from the engineering side.

Work harder at integrating business and engineering.

751 Other Employee Reviews for Facebook (View Most Recent)

Lots to dive into!

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Palo Alto, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Palo Alto, CA (US)

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

I really like the pace that we're working at -- there's so much going on, and there's a lot of inherent trust in people to run with what they're doing. Policies and red tape in previous companies sometimes left me feeling a bit stifled about what I was able to work on & share, but there really is a sense of openness at Facebook, not only in communication, but in the ability to jump into projects that call out to you as well.

And beyond that, the people really are incredible: smart, fun, unique, and passionate about what they're doing. It's hard not to get excited by the people alone!

Cons

The pace *can* be a little crazy -- one of our values is moving fast, and we definitely do that -- and generally that's a huge pro to working here, but at times, it can be a little much. There are definitely good policies around PTO, and the environment *is* understanding about balancing work & personal life, but that's ultimately up to the individual to carry out, which can be difficult to do in practice.

I would encourage the leadership to make themselves visible, both at all-hands events, but also in the sense of cross-pollination. It's invaluable, for example, to hear about product strategy from the head of Engineering at an HR team meeting; or to have the head of Finance share what he's focusing on with the Sales team -- efforts like that really don't take much time at all and are a highly impactful way to get communication and knowledge flowing across the company.

Once in a lifetime opportunity I would not pass up

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Palo Alto, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Palo Alto, CA (US)

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

Rare to have the chance to work for a company that captures the imagination of the world such as Facebook.

Cons

Well, you can't be afraid of hard work and a challenge and to be pushed out of your comfort zone

Don't make the same hiring mistakes as Google.

There are newer employer reviews for Facebook

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!