Facebook
www.facebook.com Menlo Park, CA 5000+ Employees

Excellent, fun, productive, stressful

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Menlo Park, CA (US)

I worked at Facebook as an intern for less than a year

ProsIt's a young and energetic company. Teams always switch seats so there's a high chance you can sit a few feet away from Zuckerberg and Sandberg and these famous people. The motto is to move fast and stay focused. Work can be stressful, but if you're in a good team like Mobile, there're plenty of opportunities to do fun stuff on beaches or zoos or...

ConsWork can be stressful. Everyone works really hard. The company is getting bigger nowadays so you have less and less ownership of a certain product. Gender ratio is really bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire fewer interns because some of them don't get work.

It feels more like home than a job

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Menlo Park, CA (US)

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros: - The ratio of employees to customers is still large enough that everything you do has impact - Employees are trusted with working on what's important… Cons: - The size of the company makes communication a little harder, and it's more difficult to get to know people who you don't normally work… Advice to Senior Management: Facebook is a great place to work because it feels more like a group of capable engineers all trying to build a project together, rather… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Life-changing

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros: It's hard to find another company right now that has such a large impact on… Cons: A culture of moving fast can also burn out your brightest stars. It's a worthwhile tradeoff for… Advice to Senior Management: Facebook's culture is its greatest asset. Don't lose it. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Facebook.

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Facebook reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg. All reviews posted anonymously by Facebook employees.