FTI Consulting
www.fticonsulting.com Annapolis, MD 1000 to 5000 Employees

Limitless opportunities for those willing to seek them out

Managing Director (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at FTI Consulting full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLots of freedom and responsibility quite early on regardless of level and experience.
Complex and challenging client problems on every project - SMD's do a good job of pushing team members to develop the solutions and present directly to the client.
Very much a merit based culture and "work hard play hard" attitude amongst teams.
Practice leaders understand what it takes to grow the business and are willing to invest in new service offerings and in team member development

ConsCompensation appears fair and at market level but is not a transparent process
Experience and culture can vary significantly by practice and office - not enough consistency globally.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome visit the core offices and make an effort to know your employees below the SMD level. Don't spend all your time in West Palm Beach.

Consultant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at FTI Consulting

Pros: Compensation is about level with market. Cons: Sometimes the hours are really long. Advice to Senior Management: More work life balance. More

Good on the surface with bad undercurrents.

Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at FTI Consulting full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: A good place to learn some new skills. Able to work independently. Some performance managers are really great,… Cons: Work/Life balance can be poor for staff in consulting roles. Lack of real advancement...just because you went from consultant to sr. consultant, to manager really doesn't… Advice to Senior Management: Take a good look at the middle management layers...the managing directors and senior managing directors. Those people are there to line their pockets and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on FTI Consulting.

Worked for FTI Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FTI Consulting reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for FTI Consulting CEO Jack B. Dunn IV. All reviews posted anonymously by FTI Consulting employees.