FLIR

Current Employee - Engineer
Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at FLIR full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits package is good. Flexible work hours.

Cons

no raise or bonus for 3 years

Recognize employee individual contribution

Other Reviews for FLIR

Great people and exciting products. Talented, focused and intelligent management team.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wilsonville, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR (US)

I have been working at FLIR full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

FLIR has excellent benefits and pays the lions share of the cost. The company matches 50% of my 401(k) contributions, which really adds up. We have a bonus plan that has paid out every year but one. We get 20 days of PTO per year plus 10 holidays.

The products are the most interesting of any company I have ever worked for and employees really get excited about working on our technology.

Cons

There are no visible employee training and development programs. Management is often too busy or uninterested in learning about how employees like their jobs. Our new CEO has begun communicating much more often to employees, but many people still feel left out of what's going on in the company. The management team is somewhat isolated and doesn't interact with a lot of employees.

I would like to see more interaction between managers, directors and VPs with the executive management.

Ok company. Poor communication. Employees come second to stockholders

I have been working at FLIR full-time

Pros

Employee stock purchase plan, decent benefits, decent pay. Not a bad work environment. Good products overall, especially if you are into optics, thermal imaging, etc.

Cons

Poor intra-company communication. Management promotes incompetents. Company caters to the stock holder above anything else. Employees come second.

Focus on communication. Don't just talk about it—lead by example. Don't just send a company email. Talk to all your employees one-on-one and find out what they're thinking. Address employee concerns at meetings. Let employees know that their thoughts and concerns are being heard.

There are newer employer reviews for FLIR.

Worked for FLIR? Contribute to the Community!