F10 Recruitment

www.f10.co.uk
  www.f10.co.uk
There are newer employer reviews for F10 Recruitment

Absolutely perfect

Current Employee - Specialist Resourcer in Milton Keynes, England (UK)
Current Employee - Specialist Resourcer in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

I have been working at F10 Recruitment full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Lovely people
Open office
Range of ages
Apprentice academy
Growing company
Free parking
Benefit scheme is wonderful
Fantastic support from the directors

Cons

Sometimes very quiet due to the small office and people popping out to lunch which can sometimes make it hard to have a call with a candidate due to embarrassment.
Technically in the office there are three companies running, it would be nice if there was a little more division

More people, bigger offices

May 26, 2014Director

Lots of positives in here and since this review was written I believe I believe that the office has become far more vibrant. The staff themselves are responsible for generating an atmosphere, through ... More

6 Other Employee Reviews for F10 Recruitment (View Most Recent)

Small But Mighty

Former Employee - Recruiter in Milton Keynes, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

I worked at F10 Recruitment full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Great colleagues with a generally positive and friendly work atmosphere and a fun but not enforced or excessive social culture outside of work as well.
    - Skilled and knowledgeable employees, some of the best I've worked with in the industry.
    - Company may be small but is able to deliver way beyond expectation and out compete companies many times their size due to the calibre of their staff and quality of their systems and processes an innovation.
    - One of the most honest, trustworthy and moral recruitment organisations I have worked for.
    - Usually pragmatic approach from the management team to solving issues of any kind.
    - Approachable mid and senior level management.
    - Not micro managed unless people were struggling.
    - Commission structure is good and fair.
    - Relative freedom to operate and innovate in ways you see fit with active encouragement to be a thought leader and expert in an area of your choice.
    - They invest in new technology where they think it will help and are open to discussions on process improvement.
    - Opportunities to do more than just 'hit the phones' with chance to get involved in internal process improvement, industry exhibitions, innovative sourcing, industry presentations and anything else justifiably beneficial if you are willing to seek it out.
    - They recognise that whilst the bottom line is the end goal and people need to be profitable, their staff's worth and skill is measured in more than just the figures they are bringing in.

Cons

- Sometimes felt like there were as many managers as there were other staff which could feel a bit strange at times, particularly when sensitive information was communicated to the management team in a weekly meeting meaning half the staff knew already and could make you feel a bit left out.
    - Small company so can sometimes feel a little unstable if the business is going through a bit of a rough patch but this is the same with any small business, just be aware of this if you are joining.
    - As with a lot of recruitment businesses there feels like there is an unspoken pressure to stay late, particularly if people are struggling performance wise. Whilst this is no where near as bad as in some recruitment businesses and does work for some people I personally think this should be something that is an individual choice rather than part of a business culture with management pressure behind it as it can lead to greater stress, poorer work/life balance and affect/worry others in the office even if it isn't aimed at them.

- Carry on with the good work.
    - Keep communications to staff as simple as possible rather than filtering it down through the managers unless it is really required.
    - Get rid of the last vestiges of the pressure to work late by discouraging the occasional sarcastic comments when people leave the office and by stressing that it is one of many potential options rather than an obligation when people are struggling.

Sep 12, 2014Director

This is a well balanced and fair appraisal. Thank you.

In regards to the pressure to stay late, I think that this has to be encouraged (It has never been compulsory BTW) or it simply wouldn't
    ... More

Having worked for F10 Recruitment for a number of years, I believe it is one of the best companies I have worked for.

Current Employee - Major Account Director in Milton Keynes, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Major Account Director in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

I have been working at F10 Recruitment full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Very approachable and honest leadership team
    Nice working environment
    Hard working staff who believe in helping eachother
    Strong client base
    Strong reputation with our clients
    Always busy with lots of roles to fill
    Good training for new starters and ongoing support to junior staff from experienced team members
    Investment in technology and tools

Cons

My only negative is that the comany are 30 miles from where I live. However I have continued to do this trip for nearly 8 years, so wouldn't do it unless the company was a great place to work

Please make sure that you only bring in hard working employees with a track record of success in the recruitment industry.

We have to guard against negative people who give up too easilly, aren't prepared to take on critism, aren't prepared for the fight that you have to show to be successful and those that tend to bring others down.

Aug 17, 2014Director

Recruiting the right people is always a challenge in any business, but for a recruitment company in MK its particularly hard to find the right caliber of people.

We usually recruit where we see
    ... More