ExxonMobil

www.exxonmobil.com
  www.exxonmobil.com
There are newer employer reviews for ExxonMobil

I like my job.

Current Employee - Reservoir Engineer in Houston, TX (US)
Current Employee - Reservoir Engineer in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at ExxonMobil

Pros

Exxon is a great company to work for in terms of available experiances. They have operations worldwide and in most cases, you get to go to the location you work on. I also feel like my work is meaningful. I get to directly track how it affects the bottom line.

Cons

The downside of exxon is their annual employee assesment process. They rank all of their employees and assign you to a bucket (middle, low or upper). While this is a benfit in my mind because it give direct feedback on your performance, the process acts like more of black box because you are unaware of who the individuals are that are number 1 and what they do differtent to get there. I feel like a lot of politics play in to it at some point.

Keep on keeping on. They generally do a pretty good job and are approachable in my opinion.

713 Other Employee Reviews for ExxonMobil (View Most Recent)

Still at the top but for how long?

Current Employee - Engineer in Baytown, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Baytown, TX (US)

I have been working at ExxonMobil

Pros

competitive salary and excellent benifets, pride for working for the leader in its industry

Cons

You have to have connections within, Some may be most supervisor have no degrees and don.t have much respect to degreed employees.
    Company spends too much money for less outcome sometimes

check leadership at all levels not only executives, promote knoledge and education

Great place to work long term

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at ExxonMobil

Pros

One of the best reasons is that I never have to worry about being laid off. They have a fantastic benefits package. It blows everyone elses benefits out of the water. And their retirement package is amazing. It's easy to retire a millionaire from here...even the little guys.

Cons

Managers are not all on the same page. Some people have a fantastic manager, open to new ideas, but others have an old, set in their ways manager.

Try to treat everyone here with the same amount of respect. We all went to college!

There are newer employer reviews for ExxonMobil