ExxonMobil

www.exxonmobil.com
  www.exxonmobil.com
There are newer employer reviews for ExxonMobil

Great opportunities, high expectations

Current Employee - Supervisor in Houston, TX (US)
Current Employee - Supervisor in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at ExxonMobil

Pros

Great opportunities, both international and domestic. It is truly a global organization; no matter what your interests or abilities, there will be some place in the organization that is a fit. Because of the global scope of activities, there is an opportunity to gain exposure to an incredibly wide range of technologies and operations. Oh, and the compensation and benefits are outstanding.

Cons

The internal processes and controls can sometimes become overwhelming/frustrating (however, there are usually good reasons for most of them!). Because the organization is so very large, it can be difficult to identify who the right individuals are to address an issue or problem. And there is no internal "job postings" board; moves are worked between the employee and their supervisor.

Keep the focus on the fundamentals, but don't forget to reward and recognize individuals for a job well done - and be careful not to overload the staff.

713 Other Employee Reviews for ExxonMobil (View Most Recent)

A chance to work with the best in the industry

Current Employee - Supervisor
    Current Employee - Supervisor

I have been working at ExxonMobil

Pros

The company is in it for the long haul and will be around for a long time. The people you work with are a cut above most anywhere else you might work. It's a real joy to work with such competent, dedicated people.

Cons

As a large organization there are many procedures and processes to navigate. Getting execptions to these can be a painful process sometimes...the company wants to be more "agile", but it has a ways to go to truly acheive agility.

Modify the performance appraisal and compensation system to motivate the entire workforce, rather than just the top performers. Truly provide a better work/life balance by recognizing that to some extent this requires less total work output, rather than just more flexible ways (timing) to generate the same work.

The Best Company to work for.....come stay and retire here.

Current Employee - Electrical Maintenance Technician-Level 7 in Torrance, CA (US)

I have been working at ExxonMobil

Pros

Pay and benefit are one of the best, 401k and/plus pension plan.
    Work is not back breaking, very relax, no pressure.
    Fun to work.
    Lots of overtime.
    Management care for everyone's safety, safety being their first priority then our environment.
    No slowdown or employee lay-off. Lay-off is a word that is not in their vocabulary.
    A lot of employee give aways, gifts and rewards for being safe, quarterly luncheons and off-site team building get together.
    They provide yearly supply of work uniforms. I don't need to buy my own work clothes, yearly supply of work boots.
    I can order any hand tools, power tools, measuring tools and equipment that I need for the job.
    Regular supplies of coffee, creamer, drinking bottled water, refreshing gatorade soda cans all year round especcially during the summer.

Cons

I started working when I was 15 years old for a lot of small and big companies and I CAN NOT THINK OF ANY
    DOWNSIDES OF WORKING FOR EXXONMOBIL. Like any other companies they are not perfect and these are not
    considered downside of working at Exxonmobil

Keep up the good and excellent work and I'll do mine.
    Let's continue making money.

There are newer employer reviews for ExxonMobil