There are newer employer reviews for Experian

Great people, but lacking focus and commitment.

I worked at Experian full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Smart people, very hard-working with good intentions. Large company offers opportunity to move laterally. Pleasant work environment with reasonable work/life balance.

Cons

There is a lack of focus as the company is trying to master too many things in too many markets. Individual executives typically have their own agenda and rarely work together for the greater good. Lots of turnover at the mid-management level. Experian wants to be viewed as innovative but is locked into short-term thinking and earnings pressure.

Pick no more than 3 big goals and commit to them. Don't short-change opportunities by saying you support them but then refusing to allocate sufficient resources to be successful.

259 Other Employee Reviews for Experian (View Most Recent)

Great on Stock Market - Regular type of Company for Employees

Current Employee - Director  in  Sherman, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Director in Sherman, TX (US)

I have been working at Experian full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fairly good compensation. Good Benefits. Schedule flexibility when needed. I've crossed paths with a lot of really good, hard-working employees. There are some AMAZINGLY intelligent people that work in the analytics divisions of the company....almost scary intelligent! : ) As a large corporation, it's much like any other in my opinion. Not great, not bad. Like any other job, it's pretty much what the employee chooses to make of it.

Experian is a cash-producing machine....that is its reason for existence...this is great for stock holders and might be great for employees who can stick around and get an annual bonus.

Cons

Only been with Experian for 2 years. Already had one major round of layoffs in my sub-business, another is on its way, and a reorganization is also about to occur. All these educational and related benefits are touted as available, but if your unit didn't budget for whatever reason - none for you. Short term cash generation seems to rule over any type of long-term planning for cash generation and value. Not hitting short-term goals (i.e. EBIT for FY 2013) causes extreme cost cutting measures ensue.

Stop with the catchy nonsensical programs such as "The Employee Deal," "The Heart of Experian," and such. Just tell us in a transparent fashion what we need to know and don't try to dress it up with Sesame Street type themes.

Good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Costa Mesa, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA (US)

I have been working at Experian full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Large company, many opportunities for lateral moves; some opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Has offshored many jobs, although lately has been staffing up in U.S.

There are newer employer reviews for Experian

Worked for Experian? Contribute to the Community!