Experian
www.experiangroup.com Dublin, Ireland 5000+ Employees

Great on Stock Market - Regular type of Company for Employees

Director (Current Employee)
Sherman, TX (US)

I have been working at Experian full-time for more than a year

ProsFairly good compensation. Good Benefits. Schedule flexibility when needed. I've crossed paths with a lot of really good, hard-working employees. There are some AMAZINGLY intelligent people that work in the analytics divisions of the company....almost scary intelligent! : ) As a large corporation, it's much like any other in my opinion. Not great, not bad. Like any other job, it's pretty much what the employee chooses to make of it.

Experian is a cash-producing machine....that is its reason for existence...this is great for stock holders and might be great for employees who can stick around and get an annual bonus.

ConsOnly been with Experian for 2 years. Already had one major round of layoffs in my sub-business, another is on its way, and a reorganization is also about to occur. All these educational and related benefits are touted as available, but if your unit didn't budget for whatever reason - none for you. Short term cash generation seems to rule over any type of long-term planning for cash generation and value. Not hitting short-term goals (i.e. EBIT for FY 2013) causes extreme cost cutting measures ensue.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop with the catchy nonsensical programs such as "The Employee Deal," "The Heart of Experian," and such. Just tell us in a transparent fashion what we need to know and don't try to dress it up with Sesame Street type themes.

Good place to work

Costa Mesa, CA (US)

I have been working at Experian full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Large company, many opportunities for lateral moves; some opportunities for… Cons: Has offshored many jobs, although lately has been staffing up… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Average pay, political environment, no room for growth

Systems Analyst (Former Employee)
Schaumburg, IL (US)

I worked at Experian full-time for more than a year

Pros: The front-line managers care and protected the team as much… Cons: January rings in a new year and a new sense of doom for employees fearing for their jobs. Front-level management cares a little too… Advice to Senior Management: Create career paths for employees to keep them engaged and cultivate a sense of personal growth. Have reviews more often to give feedback that… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Experian.

Worked for Experian? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Experian reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Experian CEO Don Robert. All reviews posted anonymously by Experian employees.