There are newer employer reviews for Eurofins Scientific

Disappointing

I worked at Eurofins Scientific part-time

Pros

Management was decent. Time off wasnt too hard to obtain for vacas. They do promote from within often

Cons

Little to know upward mobility. Pay was bad. Everybody from upper management to the lower rungs were departing reallly, really quickly.

I didn't hold a key position, but in the main national service side had like 6-8 people left in a one year times. The head purchasing and IT left - and where I worked (lab side), people left much faster due to being hourly and given very little upward opportunities

31 Other Employee Reviews for Eurofins Scientific (View Most Recent)

Go elsewhere for a decent job

I have been working at Eurofins Scientific as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Office/lab is within 30 minute drive of anywhere in Des Moines

Cons

The place smells horrible - either like biproduct (dead things) or manure. The pay among lab staff and admin staff below director level is subpar and their health benefits are the worst I've ever seen - over $500 a month employee cost for family insurance. I have been working here as a temp for two months and witnessed many instances of questionable behavior among managers. Example: the administrative area was closed off due to black mold but the lab staff was lied to and told they are just painting that area. The catholic religion/rules are regularly discussed openly by HR staff in front of other staff. I recently took a tour of the laboratories and have never seen a more unhappy group of people. I was offered a permanent position, however, am not interested at any rate. Turnover is extremely high among not only Eurofins Scientific but among all the Eurofins business units (they go by many different names). My two month contract here is almost up and I couldn't be happier. I would rather be unemployed than work here. Beware!! The CEO, Michael Russell, is the only person I have met here that didn't leave me with a feeling of creepiness. A very odd group of people! The administrative staff in the Des Moines location will most likely not have jobs within a couple years as they are slowly moving operations to another service center in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.

Poorly paid

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Otterbourne, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Otterbourne, England (UK)

I have been working at Eurofins Scientific

Pros

As described by the first reviewer-
    Friendly, helpful and experienced staff make Eurofins a good place to learn in pleasant, semi rural surroundings.

Cons

The disparity between the pay rates of longer serving staff and management bonuses versus the poor pay for newer members means they loose staff quickly.

There are newer employer reviews for Eurofins Scientific

Worked for Eurofins Scientific? Contribute to the Community!