There are newer employer reviews for Esri

Blend. Become as beige as the walls, carpets, chairs, and desks.

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  Redlands, CA (US)
Current Employee - Software Developer in Redlands, CA (US)

I have been working at Esri full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

This is a great place to work once I learned how it works. Esri has a very low turnover rate, once you're in, you're in. The company supports me to perpetuate the same position indefinitely. There's no cap for the salary of my role and I get the same annual salary increase regardless of how I perform. I don't need to grow professionally. More challenging roles are filled by newer people. Best yet, management prefers employees to not be interested in career growth.

Cons

The competition is reinventing the business model... I think. That is if making similar software user-friendly becomes marketable.

Just don't retire. There is literally nobody else in the company who can do your job.

220 Other Employee Reviews for Esri (View Most Recent)

Simply Awesome...Got offer for Software Products Internship

Current Employee - Software Products Intern  in  Redlands, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Products Intern in Redlands, CA (US)

I have been working at Esri as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I was scheduled for 2 phone interviews .First one was with the manager of Software Products team and after clearing that I received an email for the second interview with the Software Quality Assurance Director.Both interviews went well and I received the offer after 2 days.
    I liked the short interview process.Interviews were very easy and they also increased my hourly wage from $25/hour to $27/hour upon my request.

Cons

They don't provide relocation expense.

Second-Worst Place I've Ever Worked

Former Employee - Senior ColdFusion Developer  in  Redlands, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior ColdFusion Developer in Redlands, CA (US)

I worked at Esri as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Great cafeteria, decent parking, good location in Redlands, California.

Cons

HORRIBLE management. I was grilled four times over three months for a contract position, and then after finally getting an offer, I get placed into a group run by a guy who refuses to embrace new technology. The ONLY group that didn't use OO programming methodologies. And his incompetent manager backed him despite pressure from all over the company to give in and adapt a more modern style. I wanted the job specifically to build my experience with advanced OO technologies, but it was more like a bait-n-switch. I left after six months. Oh BTW, I learned in a company meeting that as of 2011, they had NO DISASTER RECOVERY PLAN. None. And better yet, they were FINE WITH IT. Keep in mind these idiots are in Southern California, in the heart of Earthquake Central. Keep that in mind before you do business with them. They also won't hire you as a permanent employee unless you have a degree... yet they will use contractors without degrees. Pretty lame.

Get a clue. Get your priorities straight and start scrutinizing your long-term people and see if maybe they're the reason you aren't keeping people around. I know quite a few people who have left since I was there; many people are unhappy.

There are newer employer reviews for Esri

Worked for Esri? Contribute to the Community!