Enterprise Rent-A-Car

www.go.enterprise.com
There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Not for everyone

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Good training, fun environment, good culture, drive nice cars

Cons

long hours, washing cars, cold sometimes

NONE!

3183 Other Employee Reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car (View Most Recent)

Typically energetic environment but gets old real fast.

Former Employee - Senior Customer Assistance Representative in Bardonia, NY (US)

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

As an intern I was the youngest in my branch (21) but everyone else was only a few years older so it was a energetic office. Everyone jokes around you get to know employees from all over your area pretty well as you see them frequently delivering/picking up cars from other branches. Best salesperson in each branch every month would get taken out to dinner, yankee/mets game, etc.. Frequent company sponsored happy hours if the entire area did well that month. Management was usually positive and fun, very easy to approach and more than willing to answer questions or offer help.

Cons

Working with the general public is quite the experience. I worked at the largest branch in my area so it was constantly busy. You will meet ALL kinds of people from very friendly to incredibly rude, illiterate, intolerable, disgusting people. I am very good at interacting with others and not letting insults get to me but at ERAC you might want to have a tranquilizer attached to your hip so you don't kill some customers with the clip board. When the branch is busy it is BUSY and when customers wait for longer than they think should, they get pissed. You will be running around checking people into cars, cleaning cars, swapping out cars, answering phones, pulling contracts, checking people into rentals all at the same time... in a shirt and tie. Since I was a summer intern, I didnt need to go to the gym since I would sweat all day long. Least to say it gets very very hectic. Sometimes management can get overwhelmed and take it out on you, or disappear when the branch is most busy.

Good luck.

Thought I found a great opportunity - was just swindled instead

Former Employee - Branch Manager in North Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in North Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fun people to work with for the most part. Learned a lot about running a business that I didnt learn in college.

Cons

Was promised all kinds of money and unlimited career advanacement - a "you get out what you put into it" sort of thing. Gave it my all and quickly advanced, only to find out that it doesnt matter what you do, how many hours you put in (an average of 60 a week for four years!), how much you sell (yes, dont let them fool you - this is a sales job), it is all a popularity contest and if you make too much money, they simply switch you to another store and give you a smaller commission percentage, or change your quotas to be so unattainable that they can fire you in 90 days. Oh - and if you dont go out and drink with the crew or flirt with upper management 0 married or not - forget it! At the end of the day, the only people getting rich here are the members of the family who own this company and their friends who won the popularity contest.

Practice what you preach instead of screwing with peoples checks and lives and trying to lure young people into working their fingers to the bone for you under the ruse of an overgrown frat party.

There are newer employer reviews for Enterprise Rent-A-Car