There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

HR Generalist

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist  in  Seattle, WA (US)
Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team. Work with a group of talented, smart and outgoing professionals. Exposure to a variety of employee relations issues. Management encourages you to think outside the box. Great "Family Values". Good opportunities to grow your career.

Cons

No comments at this time.

261 Other Employee Reviews for Emeritus Senior Living (View Most Recent)

I had to pull my parent out!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Potomac, MD (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Potomac, MD (US)

I have been working at Emeritus Senior Living

Pros

Location...that is it for these poor people

Cons

The upper staff do not know how to educate the help, that id from regional people to directors. I really do not have enough room to spell out the problems for this ill runned company...

Fire the regional VPs get some fresh blood in and take charge, the company is only as good as it's people

Don't Do it

I worked at Emeritus Senior Living full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nothing positive to say. I enjoyed working with seniors.

Cons

Incredibly long hours, 7 days per week, Regional team doesn't care and doesn't want to hear it. Unrealistic goals, make them or get fired, inconcievably stressful environment from the top down, benefits cannot be used, stringent budget continuosly cut month after month, food budget continuously cut, not enough staff to care for the seniors properly, cover ups for state surveys, false training records, hourly people work off the clock to get work done, constantly cut personnel. It is all about money when it should be about care. You're best is never enough even if you exeeded goals. Bi-Polar Managers, Don't expect your regional team to back you up.

Practice what you preach, there exists a double standard which is never questioned. Corporate HR is in the pockets of the Regional Team. Stop managing by fear. Value your dedicated employees. Show that you believe "Our Family is Committed to yours" Walk the walk instead of just talk. The company has gone down hill consistently, too much turnover and too many poor decision makers. Operations does no wrong according to them.

There are newer employer reviews for Emeritus Senior Living

Worked for Emeritus Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!